Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) Westmoreland County Maintenance Manager David Forkey has announced the following tentative work plan for the week of Oct. 11:
- Base repairs will take place on Torrance Road in Derry Township;
- Pipe replacements will take place on Route 982 in Mount Pleasant Township;
- Bridge maintenance will take place on Yukon Road in Sewickley Township;
- Sign placement/review will take place on various routes in various townships;
- Crack sealing will take place on the following: Route 30 in Ligonier and Unity townships; Route 259 (Coalpit Road) in Fairfield Township, and Route 271 (Menoher Highway) in Ligonier and Fairfield townships;
- Paving/patching will take place on the following: Route 130 in Cook Township, Route 982 in Mount Pleasant Township, Jones Mill-Stahlstown Road in Donegal Township, and Stoneylonesome Road in Cook Township;
- Signs will be updated, downed signs will be replaced, and work orders will be addressed on various state routes throughout the county.
All maintenance activities are conducted on a weather-permitting basis. Motorists should drive with caution throughout all work areas and be alert for signed work zones requiring the usage of headlights.
Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com. The free website provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras.
The 511 website is also available via a smartphone application.
PennDOT has a 24-hour toll free number for residents to call to report any road maintenance concern.
This number can also be utilized to report locations of dead deer on state highways. The number is 1-800-FIX ROAD (1-800-349-7623).