Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) Westmoreland County Maintenance Manager Thomas Boyle has announced the following tentative work plan for the week of Aug. 12:
- Bridge replacement will take place on Nature Run Road in Ligonier Township;
- Bridge repairs on Calvary Hill Road in Unity Township;
- Pipe installation/drainage on Bergman Road in Derry Township and Denmark Manor Road in Murrysville;
- Shoulder repairs on State Park Road in Derry Township and Markle Road in Allegheny Township;
- Shoulder cutting on Route 130 in Cook and Mount Pleasant townships;
- Pipe flushing on Route 31 (Summit and Donegal roads) in Donegal Township, Route 130 (Main Street) in Cook Township, Route 381 (Linn Run Park Road) in Ligonier Township and Route 982 in New Derry.
All maintenance activities are conducted on a weather-permitting basis. Motorists should drive with caution throughout all work areas and be alert for signed work zones requiring the usage of headlights.
PennDOT has a 24-hour toll free number for residents to call to report any road maintenance concern. This number can also be utilized to report locations of dead deer on state highways. The number is 1-800-FIX ROAD (1-800-349-7623).