PITTSBURGH — The New York Islanders extracted a measure of early-season revenge against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Latrobe and Ligonier students are once again teaming up to help their communities, as Interact Club members from both high schools will host their second Lip Sync Standoff this Friday.
NEW YORK (AP) — Tom Hanks has never played a superhero. But when the actor recently donned a very simple cardigan sweater, and the slacks to go with it, he felt like one.
Ligonier Valley took another step toward joining the WPIAL (District 7) on Monday, as the WPIAL board of directors voted unanimously to accept the school as a new member.
Derry Borough is maintaining the status quo on property taxes, as council voted to advertise a tentative 2020 budget with no tax increase at Monday’s regular meeting.
The Westmoreland County Prison is on pace to conduct more hearings for which inmates remain on-site in 2019 than ever before, warden John Walton told the county’s prison board Monday.
A Unity Township industrial testing company has been approved for a $601,352 loan that is expected to increase productivity and lead to future job creation, state Rep. Joseph Petrarca, D Westmoreland/Armstrong/Indiana, announced.
A Latrobe woman is being held in Westmoreland County Prison after she was charged with sexually assaulting two teenage boys in Unity Township, one during a four-year period starting 15 years ago and the second in 2016.
The St. Vincent College men’s basketball team lost to visiting Pitt-Greensburg, 87-69, in a non-conference matchup Saturday.
The St. Vincent College football team ended the 2019 season with a 27-10 victory over visiting Bethany (W.Va.) on Saturday.
Pennsylvania’s House State Government Committee will consider a bill prohibiting public officers, candidates for public office and public employees from accepting cash gifts and a separate bill that would allow for the sale of the lieutenant governor’s residence.
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf said Friday that the state’s charter and cyber charter schools are overfunded at the expense of traditional public schools and largely immune from public scrutiny — accusations that he intends to address through what he calls a “charter school accountability plan.”
Claire (Reintgen) Smullen helps students build confidence through art on a daily basis, but the Washington, D.C.-based educator and Derry Township native never expected those efforts to earn her a prestigious national teaching award.
We have transitioned to a new user-friendly interactive website. You will need an account and a subscription to see the site in its entirety.
HOME DELIVERY subscribers get online access for free with their subscription. If you are a home delivery subscriber, create a new account and follow the directions to validate your home delivery subscription.
If you were a previous ONLINE ONLY subscriber, you should have received an email with directions on how to log in. If you are still experiencing issues contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LMA water line work continues in downtown Latrobe
- Islanders rally from pair of two-goal deficits, defeat Penguins in OT
- SVC women drop non-conference road game
- Local Interact clubs host second Lip Sync Standoff
- Tom Hanks didn’t want to be Mr. Rogers. Then he met Marielle
- IceCats improve to 7-0 with shutout win over Meadville
- WPIAL accepts LV as new member; PIAA approval up next
- Derry council votes to advertise tentative budget with no tax hike
- Westmoreland County Prison on pace for record in on-site hearings
- Petrarca: State loan to enable job creation, retention at Unity Twp. company
- Blairsville dentist's 2006 murder to be featured on 'Dateline'
- Former Derry officer accused after wife accidentally shot by toddler
- Jessica Mae Seremet
- Linda Gravatt Piper
- Crazy rumors about Fred Rogers debunked
- Ligonier Valley to play for D6 football title today
- Latrobe woman accused of sexually assaulting two boys
- Tiffany Marie Beeman
- Family still hoping for closure on missing love one
- Officials break ground on much anticipated mini-casino at Westmoreland Mall
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.